- 300g smoked bacon, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 2 peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 150g curly kale, destemmed
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 free range eggs
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat a pan to a medium heat and add the bacon. Cook out until golden brown. Spoon a little of the bacon fat into a bowl and set aside.
2. Add the shallot and garlic into the pan with the bacon and cook for three minutes. Increase the heat and add the potatoes and the peppers. Cook for another eight minutes (until potatoes are almost done) and then add the kale, spring onions and balsamic vinegar. Wilt the kale until tender, and then season with salt and pepper.
3. In a separate pan, add the bacon fat and heat to medium. Crack in the eggs and cook to your liking, seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve on top of the hash.