Blackwater Valley Opera Festival – Ireland’s Summer Opera Festival is celebrating this year’s festival from Monday, May 29th to Monday, June 5th 2023, with 21 events at 12 venues over eight days. Highlights include the headline event, Giuseppe Verdi’s captivating opera Macbeth, concerts in the romantic 19th century Dromore Yard, recitals at historic venues across the Blackwater Valley, and unique dining experiences with Eunice Power. Concerts feature the acclaimed English tenor Ian Bostridge with Saskia Giorgini; cellist Nadège Rochat with pianist Judith Jáuregi; and Irish mezzo-soprano Paula Murrihy, with the Irish Baroque Orchestra and Peter Whelan.
The winner will receive two opera tickets to Blackwater Valley Opera Festival’s production of Verd’s Macbeth, in the grounds of Lismore Castle, Co. Waterford with champagne on arrival and complimentary programme. As well as a separate voucher to a luxury break at the five star Castlemartyr Resort in Cork with dinner for two in the Canopy Restaurant and breakfast the following morning. Treat yourself with a €500 gift voucher to spend at luxury shopping destination Kildare Village, home to more than 100 boutiques of the world’s leading fashion and lifestyle brands. Combining spectacular savings on seasonal style, five-star hospitality and exceptional eateries, it’s a shopping experience like no other.
For more information on Ireland’s Summer Opera Festival, please visit www.blackwatervalleyopera.ie or call the Blackwater Valley Opera Festival box office at 0874079250.
This competition is now closed.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion is open to residents of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
3. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible, or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be accepted.
4. The Promotion will run from 24/03/2023 to midnight on 09/04/2023 inclusive.
5. All entries must be received by the Promotor by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
6. Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant will win more than one prize.
7. By submitting an entry to the Promotor, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
9. The prize is a pair of opera tickets to Verdi’s Macbeth on Sunday, June 4th, 2023 where you will be greeted with a glass of champagne on arrival and a complimentary programme. An overnight stay for two guests in a suite at Castlemartyr Resort Cork, with breakfast the following morning, and dinner for two in the Canopy Restaurant (please note the hotel stay is not valid for the weekend of the Blackwater Valley Opera Festival), and one Kildare Village fift card valued at €500. There will be one winner.
10. All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter. The opera tickets are non refundable, the hotel voucher cannot be refunded, extended, transferred or redeemed for cash and is subject to availability (not valid for redemption over bank holiday weekends and from the 24th December to the 1st January each year.
11. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by the acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
13. The winners will be notified by email. The winner must claim the prize within 30 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
14. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on The Irish Times website.
16. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid publicity arising from this promotion.
17. The Promotor will only process your personal information as set out in https://www.irishtimes.com/policy-and-terms/privacy-policy and as set out in these terms and conditions.
18. Prizes are non transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
20. Promoter and Data Controller: The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, P.O. Box 74, 24 - 28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.