The hills are alive this Christmas in The National Concert Hall for the musical of all musicals – the wonderful The Sound of Music. Festival Productions - the team that brought you ‘Oliver!’, ‘Annie’, ‘The Wizard of Oz’ and ‘Bugsy Malone’ - returns with this all-singing, all-dancing production of the classic Julie Andrews film, winner of five Academy Awards and much loved by generations. This lavish production features a star-studded cast, spectacular costumes and sets, and the wonderful festival chorus, dancers and orchestra.
Director Tony Finnegan is joined by a multi award winning production team to create this magical Christmas show. Lose your heart to the story of Maria, the young Austrian postulant who is sent to the home of a austere naval officer and widower, Captain Von Trapp to be governess to his seven children. After bringing love and music into the lives of the family, they find a way to survive the loss of their homeland to the Nazis. The Sound of Music is brim-full of the songs you know and love; My Favourite Things, Do-Re-Mi, So Long, Farewell, Climb Every Mountain and Edelweiss.
The Sound of Music at the NCH this Christmas. For 11 performances only.
This competition is now closed.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion is open to residents of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
3. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible, or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be accepted.
4. The Promotion will run from 09/12/2022to midnight on 20/12/2022 inclusive.
5. All entries must be received by the Promotor by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
6. Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant will win more than one prize.
7. By submitting an entry to the Promotor, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
9. The prize is a family pass to The Sound of Music, January 2nd, plus a signed programme per family. There will be four winners.
10. All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter. This voucher can be used to gain entry to the show and cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash.
11. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by the acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
13. The winners will be notified by email. The winner must claim the prize within 30 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
14. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on The Irish Times website.
16. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid publicity arising from this promotion.
17. The Promotor will only process your personal information as set out in https://www.irishtimes.com/policy-and-terms/privacy-policy and as set out in these terms and conditions.
18. Prizes are non transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
20. Promoter and Data Controller: The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, P.O. Box 74, 24 - 28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.