Probably the greatest of Verdi’s masterpieces, La Traviata has long been one of the cornerstones of the operatic repertoire.
La Traviata has been reconfirmed for 15th to the 19th of November 2022 and tickets are now on sale.
The National Opera Theatre BRNO from The Czech Republic will be performing in Dublin for the first time for this very special presentation, accompanied by The National Symphony Orchestra and featuring the brilliant Ukranian star Vitali Bilyi - who will be performing alongside Claudia Boyle with a host of international star soloists. Claudia recently performed the same role of Violetta very successfully in English National Opera.
La Traviata (‘The Fallen Woman’) takes place in Paris around 1850 and is the tragic story of a well-known beauty and courtesan, Violetta, after a full life of parties and many lovers, eventually finds true love. Unfortunately. by this time, she has contracted consumption (TB) and is slowly becoming weaker and more ill. Her new love, Alfredo, is devoted to her and they enjoy a blissful life together for a short while until encountering many obstacles to their relationship, and she eventually dies of her illness.
The music is sublime with many well-known arias and choruses, and it is easy to see why La Traviata is the most performed opera in the world. Sung in Italian with English surtitles.
If you would like to find out more, please visit www.balletandoperaireland.com
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, answer the following question:
This competition is now closed.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion is open to residents of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
3. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible, or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be accepted.
4. The Promotion will run from 26/10/2022 to midnight on 07/11/2022 inclusive.
5. All entries must be received by the Promotor by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
6. Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant will win more than one prize.
7. By submitting an entry to the Promotor, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
9. The prize is two pairs of tickets for La Traviata on the 15th of November 2022. There will be 5 winners.
10. All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter. These tickets can only be used on the 15th of November 2022 and cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash.
11. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by the acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
13. The winners will be notified by email. The winner must claim the prize within 30 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
14. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on The Irish Times website.
16. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid publicity arising from this promotion.
17. The Promotor will only process your personal information as set out in https://www.irishtimes.com/policy-and-terms/privacy-policy and as set out in these terms and conditions.
18. Prizes are non transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
20. Promoter and Data Controller: The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, P.O. Box 74, 24 - 28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.