Cooking Time: 4 hrs
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 8-10 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 500g baby potatoes, cut into small cubes (skin left on)
- 70g Parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra to garnish
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g low-fat butter
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Handful fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 1 slice of lemon
- 1 tbsp cornflour, mixed to a paste with 1 tbsp water (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and the Cajun seasoning. Heat a nonstick frying pan over a high heat on the hob, then place the chicken in the pan and sear for about two minutes, until browned all over.
2. Place the potatoes in the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt, pepper, half of the Parmesan and the garlic. Dot with the butter, add the rosemary sprigs and arrange the chicken thighs on top. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan, the oregano and parsley. Throw in a slice of lemon and cook on high for four hours. If you would like the sauce to be thicker, stir in the cornflour paste.
3. Garnish with the extra Parmesan and parsley and serve. I love this with steamed green beans on the side.
Per portion: 535 calories.